Tuesday, January 22, 2008

The nerve of little boys! and Before pics...NOT!

Ok, so 3:30 p.m. comes along and the skaters appear.....Trying to be calm, after all "THEY ARE KIDS"!
Did I imagine it? Nah, couldn't be, could it?
They are in MY DRIVEWAY and my truck is in my driveway.
I open the door and some little punk is standing there. I ask what he was doing. He shrugs and says "nuthin'". Then I said, get off my property please. He steps ontp my lawn and gets on a cellphone.
I go to the end of the driveway and hail the boys(about 10 of them). I say "this is very disrepectful, please stay out of the driveway when there are cars here". "If one of your boards gets away from you there could be damage". They yeah yeah'd me.
I was surprisingly calm, for me. I also did NOT want to be THAT neighbor...and also did not want any reprocussions down the road.
I came into the house steaming. I tried to think about how to appeal to these little shits.
I went out about an hour later and gathered them around again.
I told them that if they got their parents permission I would take some action shots of them skating. They all said OK.
We'll see.
Preteens should be sent to another planet until they learn sense and respect.
Perhaps I should accidently run over one of them.


I have been taking many many self portraits. I have never liked to have my photo taken. It's a shame because the few that have been taken I have liked and there aren't that many.
Thin or fat, I see a camera, I avoid it. It's been very hard to force myself to take photos now.
I want them for the Afters.
I want a record of this journey. I need it.
I don't think I am in a place where I can share them.
I still don't see the me that is in those pictures.
It's a very harsh realization. Essential, but hard.

No comments: