Monday, January 28, 2008

It has arrived!

So I am not working today. I love my schedule!
I get a cellphone call from a number I do not recognize.
We were told that the tread would come today. Was it them?
Yep! The freight hauler was lost in our development.
It is easy to do. The name of our street is not the same as our address. It's weird.
I talk him through a few directions and he's hesitant to make a turn into the development. Uhm don't they have school for driving the "big rigs"?
BF is outside in the cold waving him down.
I said to slip the guy a $20 to have him help bring it up the stairs.
"I'm not supposed to" the delivery dude said. He changed his mind. I guess we should have offered him more?
There was NOWAY BF would have been able to bring it up by himself.
The box is easily 6 feet tall by 3 feet wide and reads WEIGHS 215 pounds. It is dead weight and watchign them bring it up the stairs was rather amusing.

No comments: