Sunday, August 16, 2009

Hungry Girl is saving my life, one yummy recipe at a time...

Hungry Girl:200 under 200 by by Lisa Lillien is here at Amazon for only $11.97.
Dollar and change more than when I got it....still a bargain!
I change one thing with the recipes which makes for some strange concoctions. I do not use Splenda. I hate the stuff..rather the stuff hates me.
I use either Stevia or (gasp) Turbinado sugar.....a little bit. It's a healthier choice and we use so little sugar here it isn't an issue.On muffins etc. it seems to crystallize and you have to play with baking times...otherwise all is fine.
I'd rather have darker looking baked goods and not some chemical chain sending me to the toilet for hours on end bent over in pain.
The Fiber One I reach for a lot for coating.
So come on Hungry Girl.....get off the Splenda bandwagon for those of us who need an alternative sweetener....pretty please.

No comments: